Tuesday 5 February 2013

The Jade Peony - Personal Blog

I am reading a book called "The Jade Peony" by Wayson Choy. I choose this book because this book sounded very interesting to me. The author sets the setting in Vancouver during 1930s to 1940s. I am curious how the main character reacts at that time and how they survived. The setting of the story is interesting because it is almost World War 2. The main character's life in this book has impact my emotions because they faced many different kinds of feelings such as sadness and happiness. I am hoping to learn from this book is how they faced different kinds of challenges and solved it. This lesson might occur in my life. I need to find a way to prevent it and it is also a good opportunity to learn from it. I just started the book but I'm looking forward to hear more about their life. What challenges do they face? What is their goal in Vancouver?



1 comment:

  1. I thought it was really neat reading about a novel that was set in Vancouver. It's nice seeing you think about the possible connections to your life and world. I think you will probably find that your Inquiry question will evolve as you read and discuss with your group. Just keep at the back of your mind what relevance what you're reading has to do with your life and the world around you. It'll help.

    ReplyDelete