Friday 15 February 2013

The Jade Peony - Personal Blog 4

"The Jade Peony" is a book based on Chinese immigrants in Vancouver from 1930's to 1940. I choose this book is because the setting and the atmosphere are very interesting and emtional. As the story's setting is very close to World War 2, there are many conflicts and issues that the main characters are having. I still struggling with the book because it is hard it read. But the general concepts and ideas, I think I can get an image. I really hope to learn is how they are going to solve their issues. What kind of life they are having are still apply to our life now? I learned their political systems at that time. The Chinese immigrants are treated badly at that time. I think there are many lessons that I haven't touch on yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment