Thursday 28 February 2013

The Jade Peony - Personal Blog 9

The book that I am reading, "The Jade Peony" by Wayson Choy is a Canadian book talking about a Chinese immigrant family in Vancouver, Chinatown during the 1930-1940's. I choose this book because this book is very interesting in terms of connection to our world. The book has some kind of connection to our lives such as settings, political system, education, economics, and general issues that still reflect us today. What can we help the locals to get a better life? What I can do is helping out in the community such as helping them in translation. The main character and her family were helping each other in order to live during that time. At that time, it was chaos because the war was about to happen. I'm still reading and I still didn't find anything that I can learn through but I will keep a look out.

2 comments:

  1. It is good that you can build such a deep connection with the novel, and the inquiry questions you made are pretty worthy to reflect on. Although you can't find anything that yu can learn,you have definitely improved your reading skills and obtain more information from the book. These can be considered as the knowledge you learn through the novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was good to see you reflecting on the inquiry action. Looking forward to seeing your Inquiry Action.

    ReplyDelete